Services in the sanctuary are planned to begin again on June 7th. In doing so, we will be taking precautions to provide a safe and comfortable place to worship. We understand not everyone will be able or want to group together right from the beginning. For this reason, our Facebook Live services will continue and will become part of our regular ministry.
The details of how FUMCSB will address regathering in the sanctuary are being carefully worked out now in preparation for June 7th. Please continue to be in prayer for the church, our congregation, and those we want to reach in the midst of this ongoing issue. Below is the State of Texas Guidelines for both the CHURCH and the ATTENDEES.
Welcome to First United Methodist Church of San Benito
When you arrive, look for a greeter or usher, they will be looking for you. Don't worry about what you're wearing...just come on over, our doors are open to everyone. If this is your first time in a church, the first time in a longtime, or you're just looking for a new church...it doesn't matter, you are welcome here. Make sure to fill out a Visitor Card so we can stay in touch with you after your visit. If it will be your first time worshipping with us, make sure you let the usher know as we have a gift for our first time guests.
If you have any questions you have not found an answer to, feel free to call the church office at 956.399.2187, Monday thru Friday, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Here is some helpful information to give you a little head start...
Visitors and members may parallel park anywhere in front or side of the church building or across the street anytime with respect to handicap parking spaces. There is additional handicap parking allowed in the driveway in front of the chapel between the church and church office. Even more parking is available in the lot behind the church office- enter through the driveway, exit through the alley (please use caution during or after inclement weather). You may also park in the San Benito News parking lot; a very short walk south of the church.
Out of respect to the business owners request, we do ask our guests and members to NOT park in the laundromat parking lot.
Sunday School begins at 9:15 am. We recommend getting here at least 10-15 minutes prior, to give yourself ample time to find the right class for your children or yourself. That would also apply to any of our other services. Please come as you are and enjoy the word of God.
There is a nursery and attendant available every Sunday morning to help with the smaller ones. If a parent wishes to stay in the nursery with a child, there is audio and video from the sanctuary so they can still enjoy the morning service and sermon.
• Bulletins are found in the 'narthex', the entrance/ lobby of our church. Inside you will find helpful information to guide you through our semi-traditional service.
• We use two hymnals during most services. The red hardcover is the traditional Methodist hymnal with classic hymns and liturgy. There is a also a thin paperback hymnal, titled The Faith We Sing (TFWS), that features more modern and contemporary praise and worship music. Both are used interchangeably.
• A Prayer Journal is available in the front so anyone may write in a prayer request or praise. You may also use the prayer request form on our homepage.
• Holy Communion is served on the first Sunday of every month. It is an open table served by Intiction and all are invited to partake. Every month a specific mission or ministry is designated to receive a special communion offering. No one is obligated to donate money at any time.
• Every third Sunday is known as Harvest Sunday. Members and guests are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items for donation to the San Benito Food Pantry.
• Restrooms are located to the left of the center staircase.
• We welcome children to stay in the sanctuary during worship and join us in communion. There is a special time just for the kids during the service. There are activity bags for kids available by the entrance. Inside are activities, crayons, pencils and paper to keep them busy.