Visitor Information - COVID
Over the last few years, the way we go about our work, attend church, and interact with each other has been impacted by the COVID pandemic in ways we couldn't have imagined. We began and continue to utilize live and recorded video on our social media pages as an option for visitors and members to receive the Lord's message every Sunday. We are meeting in the sanctuary too and want to let you know what to expect if you are able to join us for a visit!
We are taking a commonsense approach to how we handle our services and interactions during Sunday worship.
•We encourage anyone who is feeling ill or know they are ill to stay home and join us online. If you know you are specifically COVID positive, we gently ask you to please not come into the church building for at least ten days from the day of your positive test. This is following widely accepted best practices.
•FUMCSB does not require anyone to wear a mask while they are in the building, but we will never ask you to remove one either. We encourage you to wear one if you believe you need to.
•The sanctuary is large enough for those who practice social distancing. There are occasions where seating may be more limited, however. Holidays or special services come to mind, and we ask you to use your best judgement in those cases as to where you would like to sit.
•In an effort to minimize contact we are currently using self-contained communion cups during our communion Sundays. These little cups have the liquid and solid portions sealed under a foil lid. At the Pastor's discretion, the service may use the traditional cups and bread. In these cases, the sealed cups will STILL BE AVAILABLE for those who prefer them. Hand sanitizer is always available.
If you have any further questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Below you will find some more general information for your visit. Thank you.
Welcome to First United Methodist Church of San Benito
When you arrive, look for a greeter or usher, they will be looking for you. Don't worry about what you're wearing...just come on over, our doors are open to everyone. If this is your first time in a church, the first time in a longtime, or you're just looking for a new church...it doesn't matter, you are welcome here. Make sure to fill out a Visitor Card so we can stay in touch with you after your visit. If it will be your first time worshipping with us, make sure you let the usher know as we have a gift for our first time guests.
If you have any questions you have not found an answer to, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Here is some helpful information to give you a little head start...
Visitors and members may parallel park anywhere in front or side of the church building or across the street anytime with respect to handicap parking spaces. There is additional handicap parking allowed in the driveway in front of the chapel between the church and church office. Even more parking is available in the lot behind the church office- enter through the driveway, exit through the alley (please use caution during or after inclement weather).
Out of respect to the business owners request, we ask our guests and members to NOT park in the laundromat parking lot.
Sunday School begins at 9:15 am. We recommend getting here at least 10-15 minutes prior, to give yourself ample time to find the right class for your children or yourself. That would also apply to any of our other services. Please come as you are and enjoy the word of God.
• Bulletins are found in the 'narthex', the entrance/ lobby of our church. Inside you will find helpful information to guide you through our semi-traditional service.
• We use two hymnals during most services. The red hardcover is the traditional Methodist hymnal with classic hymns and liturgy. There is a also a thin paperback hymnal, titled The Faith We Sing (TFWS), that features more modern and contemporary praise and worship music. Both are used interchangeably.
• A Prayer Journal is available in the front so anyone may write in a prayer request or praise. You may also use the prayer request form on our homepage.
• Holy Communion is served on the first Sunday of every month. It is an open table served by Intiction and all are invited to partake. Every month a specific mission or ministry is designated to receive a special communion offering. No one is obligated to donate money at any time.
• Restrooms are located to the left of the center staircase.
• We welcome children to stay in the sanctuary during worship and join us in communion. There are activity bags for kids available by the entrance. Inside are activities, crayons, pencils and paper to keep them busy.